10 Tips For Living An Extraordinary Life
People tell me that they think I get to live an extraordinary life. I think I do, too. I’m extremely lucky, but I think that most of my luck is due to my habits, my beliefs and my attitude. Here are my top 10 tips for living an extraordinary life:
- Be Kind. Kindness is a choice that generally affects outcomes for the better. Choose the path of kindness. Meet people where they are.
- Be Peaceful. Focus on facts and intentions. Carefully choose the meanings you assign. Acknowledge that everyone is doing the best that they can with the resources that they have.
- Be Direct. Give up your stories and your complaints. Deal with your problems directly. Take complaints to the source. Acknowledge your complaints as unspoken requests.
- Be Responsible. There is no right or wrong. There is just commitment to the outcome.
- Be Powerful. Be straight with your communication and take what you get. Speak the truth!
- Be Courageous. Courage isn’t the absence of fear; it is acting in the face of fear. Acknowledge your fear and act anyway.
- Have Integrity. Do what you say you will do when you say you will do it. When you don’t, acknowledge it, clean it up and make a new commitment. Honor your word.
- Be Inspiring. Create new possibilities for yourself and others. Share new ideas with people so that they are moved, touched and inspired to action.
- Be Charismatic. Be fully present. Give up your agenda and “trying to get somewhere.”
- Have Fun! Life is too short to take yourself too seriously. Lighten up and have some fun.
Try these tips out and see how extraordinary your life gets. And share your tips for living an extraordinary life with us here.